Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday Resolutions

I'm not one for New Year's resolutions- I hate to be just one of the crowd.  But every year on my birthday I sit down to think about what I want to accomplish in my next year of life.  These things range from the mundane to the improbable, but if you don't set a goal, you'll never reach it!  So here is a list of things to do by the time I'm 28.

1. Run another 5k, be very close to being prepared to run the Bolder Boulder (10k) in 2011.
2. Re-upholster at least one chair
3. Sew my own curtains
4. Finish my columbine quilt and my secondary circles quilt.
5. Sew decorative pillows for my living room
6. Paint EVERYTHING! (Or at least almost everything in my new home. I'm talking walls, doors, trim, and cabinets.  If I get really into it maybe even the kitchen counters?  Don't freak out Mom, that's just a musing.)
7. Build a bed and some bookshelves using plans from www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com
8. Raise my own vegetables and make home-made jam
9. Expand the family...
10. Visit my family in SE Asia (this is the improbable must most desired one)

As you can see, I have quite a few hobbies.  There are fewer things that give me more pleasure than crafting- either with wood or fabric. I love to work with my hands and add beauty, or at least flair, to things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment