Saturday, January 2, 2010

Try, try again

I started a food blog back in the August/September time frame with noble ambitions.  I was going to blog about my monthly menus (yes, I do plan my menus a month in advance-mostly) and post each recipe with step-by-step pictures every night.  Alas, my eyes were bigger than my stomach for blogging, and this lasted a grand total of one week.  I guess you could say I bit off more than I could chew.

Really though, what was I thinking?  I work full-time, have a three-year old (plus husband) at home and am doing my best to try to develop that healthy and painful habit of exercising.  However, I do really like the idea of being a blogger.  I've never kept a journal or a diary, but I certainly tell stories of my life to whomever will listen.

With that in mind, I'm starting this blog with no grand promises of posting daily.  I'll post what I want, when I want.  I'm not going to try to stick to any theme, but this blog will revolve around my home and family.  I'm very much in a nesting mode right now, probably because there is a possibility that we'll be buying a home in the next year or so.  I've always wanted to be a home owner (just think, I get pick my own wall colors!) so this prospect has me in a tizzy, though I have at least 8 months to wait before even getting to start looking.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes, hopefully this won't be my only post.

No comments:

Post a Comment